Information You Need to Know – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
What is Sibley Heart Center Cardiology Doing to Ensure Patient Safety in Outpatient Clinics?
- At the time of scheduling, we are asking that patients come to a clinic with ONLY ONE caregiver. Additional family members may be asked to wait in their cars.
- Upon arrival at our clinics the caregiver will be asked a screening questionnaire (for caregiver and patient).
- Our staff will check the temperature of the caregiver and patient upon arrival at a clinic. Patients who have a fever will likely have to reschedule.
- We ask that parents and their child (if older than 5 years old) wear a mask to a clinic if they own one. If a child is younger than 5 years of age and can tolerate wearing a mask safely, we are asking them to wear a mask, as well.
- If parents/children cannot bring their own mask, if we have enough supply, Sibley is providing disposable masks.
- To ensure social distancing in the waiting room, we may ask families to wait in their car until they are called inside by a Sibley staff member for their appointment.
- Exam tables are wiped down after each encounter.
- All Sibley staff are wearing masks and have the option to wear goggles.
- Each day we are screening our staff for symptoms and checking their temperatures prior to beginning work.
- If a patient or caregiver is deemed to be at risk for a COVID19 infection, the physician will be notified and may reschedule the appointment at his/her discretion.
Ways to Support Sibley during COVID-19
We are grateful for the outpouring of support our patient families continue to show us during this challenging time. Many of you have asked how you can support Sibley during this unprecedented time. We are accepting donations for masks to help keep our staff and patient families safe while in clinic.
- Mask can be commercial or handmade (see attachment for guidelines for handmade mask)
- If you have a scheduled appointment in one of our outpatient clinics, you can bring donations to your appointment
- You can mail donations to our corporate office:
Sibley Heart Center Cardiology
2835 Brandywine Road, Suite 400
Atlanta, GA 30341
***Important – For everyone’s safety, we are not accepting drop off donations at any of our locations***